This week was mostly busy work. Most noteworthy, I took a few beginning steps to start a small production run of my Neodymium Sidewinder Bass Pickup. I dropped off some drawings of the parts with Bruce over at Johnson’s Extremely Strange Musical Instrument Company. Bruce is going to machine some nice masters that I can use to make molds for my parts. Basically, I decided that I have reached the point where I want to refine the design of my pickup and develop my production model. In the meantime, I’ll call around and get some quotes for getting the blades water-cut out of 430 stainless. I will start off with a few samples and see how they work with the molds. I’m feeling excited about it and I think it will be good to “finished” with my first design. As things progress, I’m sure I’ll be more excited about it.
On another note, I tried to take a few days off and give my brain a rest from pickup making. However, I failed spectacularly and came up with a drawing of a new sidewinder pickup that I think I can make reversible.