High-powered neodymium magnets are dangerous and can be fatal if swallowed! Be sure to keep magnets away from children – there is an epidemic of kids ingesting tiny neodymium magnets from popular desk toys. The internal injuries are gruesome and often result in surgical removal.
High powered magnets can be dangerous. If you put like poles together they will fly across the room like a projectile! Larger ones will break a finger if you’re not careful. And while it’s clear that powerful neodymium shouldn’t be used as a toy, they are useful for a lot of really amazing things. I’ve built some really cool magnetic structures with them.
Loose magnets should be kept away from children. I keep my loose magnets locked in a steel cabinet.
December 25 at 8:47 PM The number of children ingesting rare-earth magnets – powerful tiny balls that are a popular desk toy and can shred a child’s intestines – has skyrocketed in the three years since courts blocked the efforts of federal regulators to force changes to the industry, which largely holds the power to regulate itself.
Leave a Reply