Moving right along here…
As far as names, I’m thinking it really needs an appliance name. I’d say it’s definitely resembling a toaster!
Anyway, all the parts are made, except I have to actually get the mounting hardware to work. I polished the steel blades by hand, which was long and tiresome.
The dog ears came out pretty good. The surfaces need a little work, but for now, I’m going to leave it. Most of them will be inside the body of the guitar. Eventually, I’m going to have to make a new mold. Ill worry about it then.
However, I wanted to point out a cool detail with the dog ears:
I cut these little channels in the original so that they’d lock into this little joint on the coils…
OK, so the next thing I gotta do is figure out how to glue the danged thing together! That is going to be a really cool trick once I figure it out!
On a side note, I decided I’m going to sell my wide format inkjet printer to my work and use some of the dough to buy something like this:
It seems like there’s a lot of them around for about $100 – $150. There’s about 3-4 time a week I find myself thinking, “It sure would be a lot easier to do this with a sheet metal shear instead of using a hacksaw and file to clean the edge.”
I Think I’ll Call It The Toaster
Instagram filter used: Clarendon
Photo taken at: Fillmore, California
Leave a Reply